Make-up Tips and Tricks to apply the Eyeliner
In another post we shared the different types and formats of eyeliners. Below we share some tips and tricks to apply them correctly and get the desired effects (and avoid the contrary).
- When applying the eyeliner start by drawing a line from the outside of the eyelid toward the inside tear duct.
- To round the eye, finish the line on the superior eyelid with an ascending “trap” toward the outside.
- If you have tendency to dark circles, apply the pencil only on the superior eyelid, never on the inferior one, because this would only magnify them. Also, avoid applying it only on the lower eye lashes as this will make you look tired.
- To ensure that both eyes are equally lined when applying liquid eyeliner, mark the point where the line would end or at your eye’s corner.
- In order to make your eyelashes look fuller, apply the eyeliner on the lash line of the superior eyelid, filling well the gaps and drawing an ascending line from the center of the eyelid toward the outside.
- To make the eyeliner last longer, better use a primer or an eye shadow of your natural color in order to matify and better fix the product. Remember to apply your eye shadow after applying the foundation to avoid that the powders blur the line’s intensity.
- If your eyes are very close to each other, draw the line only from the center toward the outside, marking the difference of the line’s thickness from thin (inside) to thick (outside).
- If your eyes are very apart of each other, the width of the line should be even from inside out and, the corner of the eye, very small.
- If you don’t have a good pulse, you may start with a dotted line and then join the dots. Rest your hand on your cheek while marking the line in order to improve your pulse.
- In case you make a mistake when drawing the line, finish it and correct it afterwards using a cotton bud.
- For smaller eyelids, it’s advisable to draw thin lines. For larger eyelids, it´s better to raw wider lines.
- A thin line may enlarge your eye more than a wide one. Sometimes less is more.
- Use the color to highlight the tone of your eyes. Eyeliners are not only black. There are different tones (blues, violets, greens,..) which, if well chosen, enhance the natural color of your eyes and will give a different and more sophisticated touch to your look. Dare to try it!
Eyeliners’ Guide for different tones according to eye colour:
Blue: black, grey, or marine tones
Brown: brown, golden, or earth tones
Green: dark brown, black, or dark green tones
We expect that, with the help of all these beauty tips, you will become an expert in applying eyeliner. Get your look in line with Perfume’s Club.
And you? Do you know a trick to outline the eyes? Share with us. The more we know, the more experts we will be.