Redken: Science for hair
The product’s family from Perfumes Club continues to grow. We are proud to introduce a new brand for professional hair care: REDKEN.
For those who did not hear about this brand, we will talk about it in this post.
A brand with background
Redken Laboratories were founded in 1960, inspired by the American actress Paula Kent. In the 60’s they used many hair products to change looks and as advances in this area were less important than today, the actresses’ hair was constantly exposed to chemical agents, not always tolerated by their scalps. This was the case of Paula, very sensitive to certain products so this prompted her to think about the need for professional hair products suitable for sensitive hair.
Paula Kent and her hairdresser, Jheri Redding launched three products and an intensive training program for hairdressers about hair and skin chemistry so Redken comes from that union: Redding & Kent.
These new products were developed from research on three principles:
- Technology of proteins (main hair substance).
- Acidic pH (4.5-5.5) to match the natural hair & skin pH.
- Products recommended only for specialists in professional beauty salons.
In 1965, Paula became the only owner of Redken, which later became one of the most leading technology brands for styling products, not only in the USA but also worldwide.
In 1993, L’Oréal acquired Redken, becoming a world leader in products and professional services for hair care, research and development of this kind of products.
Technology applied to hair
Redken revolutionized the world of professional hairdressing basing its formulas in proteins, the main hair component, so that products not only prepared the hair and took care of the external look but also internally. Up to 60 product patents were developed, based on different ranges of the brand:
– Haircare: Shampoos, hair conditioners and other hair care products easy to use, different types depending on the need:
- All Soft: moisturizing, softness, bright.
- Extreme: strength and repair.
- Real Control: nutrition, repair and control.
– Styling: Formulas that provide texture and finish to hair.
– Haircolor: Color protection systems that provide hair health and shine.
- New Chromatics: Permanent color, ammonia free.
- Cover fusion: maximum color coverage.
- Color fusion: permanent color.
- Shades EQ: Semi-permanent color.
- Blonde Glam Bleach: Light creams.
– Chemistry: Products that help with long-lasting and hair styling. Extra-repair, proteins, ceramides and hair youth.
– For men: Range of styling products for men, based on their hair needs, strengthen it and embellish (products with proteins, carbohydrates, …).
In Perfumes Club, your online perfumes shop, we have acquired Redken. Among its styling products you can find shampoos, conditioners, hair masks and hair-style products for all hair needs. Products for moisturizing, nourishing, repairing, revitalizing to provide definition, smooth down, add brightness, volume, care and color, sun and thermal protection or anti-breakage.
How is your hair? What does it need?
Don’t worry, Redken will have it.