Split Ends: Prevention Treatments
Sick of split ends?
On Perfume’s Club we tell you the reason for split ends, their causes and the most important, solutions.
Why do split ends occur?
Split ends may occur when the hair cuticle has been damaged. Cuticles are like flakes that, when closed, protect the hair structure and provide a healthy and bright hair appearance. The light has a better impact on smooth hair but when the hair strands open, hair becomes weak and fragile and ends get easily damaged.
Reasons that may cause hair weakness
There are many reasons for the appearance of unpleasant split ends:
– External agents: sun, chlorine, salt, warmer arid climate, …
– Excessive use of hair dryer or plates
– Bad eating habits
– Lack of hair care (Cut snip of hair off).
– Excessive use of chemicals (hair dyer, color).
Prevention & Solutions
This problem may cause damage to any hair type but what is most important, can prevent return.
How to prevent split ends
– Get your hair cut regularly, meaning every six to eight weeks. All hair gets damaged after a while. Get a trim of at least 1/4 to 1 inches, and you should have solved the problem.
– In case you use hair driers and/or plates, use a thermic hair protector. Place the hair drier at 30 centimeters distance from your hair and combine between cold and hot air.
– Avoid frequent exposure to chemical treatments as bleaching. In case we need to chemically treat our hair, make up for dryness using hair hydrating products and repair treatments.
– Use good hair products in order to prevent split ends and damaged hair: shampoos, serums, hair masks and hydrating conditioners to prevent hair from weakness and the appearance of split ends.
– Comb your hair gently. Being too rough with a brush or comb, or brushing or combing too often can damage your hair. Try using a wide-toothed comb or brush.
– Eat food rich in oily acid, vitamin H or B7 (biotin) and iron to help strengthen the hair.
– Be careful about razor haircuts or layer hair looks, they can “cut on the bias” and help the appearance of damaged ends.
– Protect hair from sun exposure, chlorine or saltpeter using sun protection hair products that will help prevent damage and excess hair dryness.
Solutions for Split ends
Once the damage is caused and hair ends are already damaged, we can repair them. Luckily, there is a wide range of products for split ends and damaged hair that will help you revive them, getting back their healthy appearance.
These are some of our suggestions:
– L’Oréal Absolut Repair Cellular Serum intense repair treatment serum that leaves you with silky smooth healthy looking lengths and ends. First aid for split ends.
– Schwarzkopf BC Rescue Sealed Ends treatment for damaged or bleached hair. Repairs hair breakage, seals and prevents split ends.
– A good iron to avoid damaging your hair: any GHD hair iron guarantees excellent care. We suggest the new Gloss Black and Gloss GHD Red IV.
– GHD Smooth & Finish Serum will help you seal the ends and eliminate the frizz, plus help protect against the heat, which all GHD styling products.
Get your hair ends ready with our tips and tricks to repair and prevent split ends.
D’ you have any tips or tricks? Please tell us.