Tips for choosing the right sunglasses
We love the sun, the endorphins that it produces and the healthy skin color that it provides. But not everything is positive … Ultraviolet radiation is dangerous if you do not protect your eyes and skin. Excessive exposure to sunlight without adequate protection can cause irreparable damage to our eyes so choosing the right sunglasses is essential.
When doing so, you must be aware that they have the UV protection necessary for us to use them as well as the distinctive quality assurance of such protection (EC, “UV-400” or “100% UV protection”). Beware of fakes: they can cause eye damage.
Sunglasses color and level of protection
UV protection glasses is not related to the color of the lenses. Darker does not mean better protection. Moreover, very dark tinted glasses without UV protection are even more dangerous because less light enters and the pupil dilates so more radiation is entering the eye.
Color of lenses:
– Glass-brown or gray. Recommended for driving. They respect the natural colors, while distinguish light signals and warning.
– Yellow lenses. Enhance contrast. Suitable for highway driving.
– Blue or violet lenses. They show no real benefits in color. Merely aesthetic.
UV protection levels are 5:
– Level 0: No sunscreen.
– Level 1: lenses that absorb up to 20% of visible light. Minimum protection.
– Level 2: Universal filter. Between 57% and 82% absorption. Half radiation level in Europe.
– Level 3: Filter recommended for beach or mountain. Absorption of 82% to 91% of solar radiation. High protection.
– Level 4: Filtration of 92% to 97% of light. Maximum protection.
The eye color influences the degree of protection needed in sunglasses. Light eyes, as blue and green, require greater protection than dark eyes.
For sports, lenses and metallic frames can be a hazard. So for this type of practice is recommended to use plastic glasses or lightweight materials.
The polarized glasses improve contrast and vision in special situations such as snow or water sports, fishing or hunting, where sunlight is reflected in a clear surface (sand, snow) or water and, therefore, the eye is exposed to a higher radiation.
But sunglasses are not only an object of protection: they are also a fashionable complement which define our style. There are plenty of designs and models: women’s, men’s, unisex…etc
If you want to buy good priced sunglasses, take a tour on our online perfumery. A wide selection top brand sunglasses: Ray-Ban, Carrera, Emporio Armani and Paco Rabanne. You will surely find the ones that may fit you.
Perfume’s Club, for your eyes only.