Tips to protect colored treated hair during the Summer
Hair color tends to fade away due to excessive wash and sun exposure. During the Summer, the roughest season on your hair, colored hair need to be protected more than ever.
Searching for tips to protect hair color in Summer? Here you go…
– Use products specially made to keep colored hair looking great or the ones thought for the Summer: moisturizing products for hair exposed to sun. Exchange your frequent hair care products for shampoos, conditioners, hair masks and serums for damaged or dry hair and color protectors, overall.
– Dye your hair darker than usual. During the Summer, hair wash and sun exposure are more frequent so color fades away more quickly. Applying a darker color you will delay your hair from loosing shine.
– During sun exposure, apply scalp protection. This kind of product creates a protective layer over the hair protecting its texture and color against high temperature.
– Wet your hair before jumping in the sea or pool. Wet hair is more resistant to salt and chlorine. If you use regular water, the cuticle will be closed and hair color will be more protected.
– When washing your hair, use cold water to finish: the cuticle will close and hair will get brighter.
– Aftersun products are as important as the ones before sun exposure. Apply suncare products.
– Avoid using hair dryers or straighteners. You can use them moderately, applying previous thermal protection (serum, spray…). You will keep your hair looking great without suffering from heat excess.
– Sulfate free shampoos help extend life to hair color, avoiding pigment loss. Tigi & L’Oréal Expert offer those light formula products to help protect delicate colored hair.
We hope you find our tips & recommendations helpful and your hair becomes brighter.
Take care of your hair with Perfume’s Club.
Any other tip to protect colored hair?
Share your comment.