Top tips to know while using hair straighteners
Despite the bad reputation they had for for years, nowadays hair straighteners are unharmful for the hair and if well used, they let you style your hair the way you want, keeping a healthy look.
We provide some tips for the correct use of hair straighteners:
Get your hair ready
- Brush/comb your hair to remove the rest of dirt, grease or products before using the hair iron or you may damage it.
- In order to get manageable hair and get a good look after applying the iron, it is important the washing & condition: a good shampoo and hair conditioner to compensate the loss of water.
- Apply a thermal protector right after the washing and before using the iron, preferably on damp hair to get better absorption. The thermal protector not only protects hair, but also prolongs your hairstyle.
- Dry hair completely. Although some irons nowadays do not damage wet hair, ironing will have better results if the hair is dry.
The best hair styler
- Choose a good hair iron. Do not save money on a good styler. Results will be reflected not only in the time of usage, but also on your hair’s health. Straighteners with ceramic plates produce negative ions and infrared indirect heat in a softer way, sealing the hairy follicles to preserve humidity and achieve greater health and bright. Titanium plates do not damage the capillary structure either.
- Barrel hair wavers are perfect for creating great curls, waves and straight hair without leaving marks.
- Do not use more heat than necessary when you use the hair styler. Go from low temperature and increase it progressively in case it is necessary.
- The right temperature may range between 150 ° and 200 °.
Use of the hair styler
- Take small hair locks. Do not try to dry too much hair at once. This will lead you to an unequal heat distribution and therefore uneven finish. You’ll get better results with small locks.
- Once you’ve chosen your hair lock, press it between the plates and slide the straightener through the ends smoothly but fast. Try not to keep it for a long period in the same spot. You will find out how long your hair needs to be perfectly straightened. Usu., thick hair requires a longer period of time while thin hair, takes less time.
- In case you’d like to wave your hair, place the plate avoiding the ends and twist it, wrapping the hair around it, getting to where you want to start the waves.
- Get a longer finish using a spray to fix your hair style.
Hair styler maintenance
- Take care of your hair styler. It is a delicate and valuable tool. Treat it as it deserves, read the instructions carefully. Avoid placing it in not recommended places not, bad impacts or wrong transport.
- Clean your styler frequently, always following the manufacturer’s instructions and avoiding abrasive products that may damage the plates. Keep the hair styler unplugged.
Regarding hair irons, we mean 3 characters: GHD, the nº1 in hair stylers, stylers and other products to protect heat. Hair dryers have been recently incorporated to the collection.
In case you prefer an alternative to GHD, there is a new brand that we can recommend for your hair: GCK, a new firm that has recently joined our Perfumes Club online store.
We will talk about it soon, as it deserves. But in another post…
Do you use hair stylers? D’you have any other hair tricks to use them?
We’d love you to share them with us.